OMG! By George, I've Got It!
Well, it has been a truly rough road for the music-inspired EGBDF sweater. For those of you who have been following this saga, I began designing this sweater months and months ago. I actually finished a prototype. I wasn't satisfied with it so I ordered more black and white yarn. I redesigned it. I almost completed it. I frogged it. I reknit it. Rinse and repeat several times. By the time I was so fed up I couldn't look at it anymore, I had ruined the yarn. Out went the yarn. I ordered consolation yarn, namely Biscotte Albus (50/50 merino/silk singles) and Cascade Yarns Friday Harbor (80/20 merino/silk), and consolation needles (my beloved Chiaogoo Red Lace interchangeables). But while going through my stash for stuff to donate to a local knitting group, I came across yarn I forgot I even had: Cloudborn Limited Edition Alpaca Silk Merino worsted in red and purple. It turns out that all of that knitting and frogging led to a solution to the construction problems. I hate knitting flat so I wanted it to be top down. But I also wanted saddle shoulders. After much experimentation, I finally solved it. And I just got finished the yoke, knit with top down contiguous saddle shoulders, and have now separated the sleeves from the body. From here on in, it's very straight forward. So I'm excited. In the photos, the picture of my in the B&W almost finished sweater is the first prototype. The second pic is the last B&W version that got scrapped. And then you have pics of the shoulder cap and the yoke after I had picked up the stitches for the front and back and had worked a few rows.